Data protection notes
Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. thanks you for your interest in our company and products. We take the protection of your person-related data very seriously. We would like you to feel at ease when you visit our website. trade shows, our website or when using our digital content and products. At our trade shows, we employ photographers and service providers to take photos and other image material of the fairs we organize ourselves. These include in particular portrait and event photos (“trade fair photos”).
Protecting your privacy is of optimum importance to us. Therefore, compliance with legislation on protecting data privacy is self-evident for us. Our employees are obligated to maintain data secrecy. They are regularly trained in the areas of data protection and data security. In the following, we would like to outline briefly how we handle your personal data within the context of our website, our digital content and products, and how we protect these data.
1. Who is responsible? Who is the data protection officer?
a. Responsible for this website and our other digital content and products
Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd., represented by the marketing officer Ivan Ruan
Room 1001-1004, Building A Wanke Power City, No. 2419 Hunan Road, Shanghai
Tel.: +86 21 6468 1300
b. Data protection office
Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.
Data Protection Officer
Room 1001-1004, Building A Wanke Power City, No. 2419 Hunan Road, Shanghai
Tel.: +86 21 6468 1300
2. What are personal data? How do we protect personal data?
a. Personal data
Personal data refer to individual information about the personal or material relations of a certain or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as your name, postal or email address, and access data in the context of using our website and our other digital content and products. Personal data are also stored by us in addition to the access data only if you voluntarily provide us with this, e.g., in the context of a registration, a survey, a prize contest, a contact request, a subscription to a newsletter or to carry out an online order. In addition, personal data are only used to the extent necessary and for the sole consented purpose or a legally permissible purpose. For secure transmission of your data, Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. uses encryption procedures in secured areas. This means that the communication between your browser or terminal device and our ordering system is not readable for others on the internet, for example. Apart from that, the use of our ordering system is deemed as consent to the storage and use of your data by Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. and its partners. In the context of trade fair photos, we generate and collect image material from you and other personal data that you provide us in connection with the photos (for example, name, telephone number, email address, postal address).
b. Access data
By accessing our website, Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. receives access data that is stored for security purposes and in principle permits identification of:
· The name of your internet service provider
· The country you come from
· The website from which you are visiting
· The search term if you come to our site via a search engine
· Our websites that you visit
· The user tool (web browser, operating system), with which you have accessed our website
· Files that you have downloaded from our site (e.g., PDF or Word documents)
· The duration of your visit
· The date and time of access
3. What do we do with your personal data?
a. If you use our website or our contact form
(1) Provision of our website
The provision of this website requires the handling of personal data, for example, the IP address for the retrieval of the content displayed on this website.
These data are evaluated by Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. and enable us to optimize our offers as a whole and make the content more specific for you personally, e.g., to recognize you as a returning visitor to our website. If you have an existing data record, the new data can be assigned to it in many cases. The IP address of the computer from which the access is made is only stored for backup purposes for a period of one month.
You also have the opportunity to contact us via our contact form. We collect the personal data for this that you enter in the contact form.
(2) Legal basis
The handling of your personal data for the provision of this website and for communication via this website is based on our legitimate interest. For the provision of this website, it is technically necessary that we process certain personal data (e.g., the IP address). For your communication with us, we must handle the respective personal data.
(3) Balancing of interests
As part of the required balancing of interests, we balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of this website in establishing contact with each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in both cases. Otherwise, we could not provide you with access to this website or respond to your contact request.
(4) Recipient categories
We use service providers to provide our website. We transmit personal data to these service providers for this. These service providers are contractually obligated by us to exercise the same care when handling personal data as we do ourselves.
These service providers are subject to the same strict data protection regulations and are also included in the data protection concept of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.
Personal data are only transmitted to state institutions and authorities in the context of legal or judicial obligations.
b. When you buy online tickets from us or register online with us as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor
(1) Online tickets and legal basis
You can buy online tickets for trade fairs and congresses via our website. We process the personal data for this that you enter in the order form. The processing of your personal data takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding contract.
In this context, Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. only processes personal data for the purpose of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.’s business purposes. This is necessary for carrying out the tasks of the exhibition and exhibition industry in economic, scientific and cultural fields. The tasks include in particular the holding of trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and similar events, taking care of the exhibition interests of the City of Shanghai at home and abroad, the promotion of the economy by organizing trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and similar events as well as the operation, maintenance and further development of the exhibition center in Shanghai.
To this end, Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. maintains exhibition and exhibition facilities, congress and meeting rooms, which it uses or rents for events. Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. also operates this for certain events and special internet offers.
The processing of personal data is carried out in particular for the handling of business processes in connection with the above activities, for your information and for promoting our events and services, for their optimization as well as market and opinion research. You can object to the sending of electronic mail by sending an email to the following address:
(2) Registration as an exhibitor or visitor and legal basis
You can register as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor on our website. For this purpose, we process the personal data that you provide to us as part of your registration.
The processing of your personal data takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding usage contract (license agreement).
You do not have to register to participate in events of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries. Of course, you can also buy an anonymous ticket at the ticket counters without registering. Our hosts and hostesses as well as our service center and the exhibition project management will support you in doing this.
Without registration, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with services such as online advance sale or simplified repeated ticket purchase, match-making, networking functions in the context of our Connect app, travel services or other services of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.
This does not apply for you as a visitor in the following cases:
· For pure trade visitors’ fairs. In this case, we need the data necessary to confirm trade visitor status.
· If you want to redeem a voucher; in this case, we need your name and contact details for the reasons mentioned below under “Exhibitors.”
In particular, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
· Purchase of (discounted in part) tickets for our events
· Redemption of vouchers, tickets and print at home-tickets, with which you can avoid possible waiting times at entry to a trade fair
· Registration of future tickets “with just one click”
· Delivery and payment for other offers of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. (e.g., trade fair directories and catalogs)
· Review of trade visitor status, because some of our events are reserved for a specialist audience.
· You can better plan your trade show visit in advance, because we can give you advance announcements, technical information and other materials for the events that you are interested in and can specifically recommend exhibitors or services to you.
· If you are an exhibitor, the data help us to run your trade fair presentations smoothly, provide you with a selection of individually tailored service offers, and present you the products, services and marketing offers of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.
· Your voluntary participation in our market and opinion research helps us to improve our events and our service offer.
· Prevention or detection of abuse and fraud, especially with respect to vouchers and free tickets
· Possibly easy updating of your personal information via the internet
· Possibly processing of your personal data in the context of our Connect app above
Data collected later is also assigned to the customer account. For example, these include the collected data when you order tickets, the number of a voucher of an exhibitor inviting you, and email addresses of other persons for whom you also order tickets at the same time as you order.
You may have multiple customer accounts if you registered with us using different email addresses.
(3) Recipient categories
We only forward the data to third parties to the extent described below. Some of the recipients are located outside Shanghai. Please also note the following section in this context.
· Group companies: Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. may transmit the personal data of its exhibitors to its group companies, provided they wish to be informed about their events and services. Group companies are correspondingly required to comply with data protection requirements. The group companies of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. can be found on our homepage: www.for-expo.com.
The forwarding of personal data of visitors to group companies only takes place for visitors, for whom the respective group company acted as an intermediary. In a larger group of companies such as Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. , it cannot be ruled out that individual companies, parts thereof or rights to events will be sold to third parties or acquired by Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.. In such transactions, customer data are usually transmitted as well. Your personal data are protected according to the requirements of data protection in such cases.
· Foreign representatives of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. : Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. may transmit data about visitors and exhibitors from its respective area of representation to foreign representatives of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd., who act as sales partners for Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd., e.g., for example, when ordering and paying for tickets from foreign visitors via our foreign representatives. The forwarding of personal data to foreign representations only takes place for exhibitors and visitors, who come from the respective representation area of the respective foreign representation. The foreign representatives of Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. can be found on our homepage: www.for-expo.com.
· Promotions: We sometimes send offers to groups of visitors or exhibitors, send them on behalf of third parties, or organize contests ourselves. In this case, the ordering party receives neither your name nor your address or other personal data unless you voluntarily give your consent.
· Exhibitors: When you redeem a voucher, we transmit your data to the exhibitor, who invites you with the voucher for a trade fair visit to his booth. This serves billing between Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. and the respective exhibitor. We also want to make sure that you can properly use the voucher provided to you. In addition, exhibitors can use a lead tracking service, with which the individual exhibitor scans the barcode on your ticket and consequently receives your contact data, similar to a business card. These are in detail: Company name, salutation, title, first and last name, position, postal address, country, telephone number(s), email address, and any other information that you have provided about your interests and/or your company. If you hand over your visitor or exhibitor pass, e.g., a business card, to an exhibitor for scanning, the exhibitor receives access to the above information. Unnoticed data collection without your participation does not take place. In accordance with the international character of the trade fair (or the congress), exhibitors who are located outside Shanghai and consequently outside the scope of China data protection laws are also represented. In this case too, you may object or agree in individual cases to the disclosure of your data by refusing or offering your ticket for scanning.
· Service providers: We commission service providers with the fulfillment of tasks for us, e.g., sending emails, payment processing (credit card, direct debit and invoice purchases), data maintenance, data analysis, and customer service. These service providers only have access to the data they need to fulfill their tasks specified by Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd.. They are contractually obliged not to use the data for other purposes, especially not for their own purposes, and must protect the data as provided for in this data protection declaration and the relevant data protection laws.
(4) Special data protection notes
The transmission of data to the extent described above may be made to countries outside China in some cases. Some of these countries do not have a level of data protection comparable to the level of protection within China. To protect your data, our non-China Group companies and contractors, to which data are to be transmitted, for example, foreign representatives, are required to provide appropriate data protection in accordance with China standard contractual clauses for the transmission of personal data to third countries.
c. If you use our Connect app
In the context of the app that we provide for specific trade fair events (“Connect app”), you will be given access to the public information we are providing about the respective trade-fair event and—if you have acquired this option—also access to the networking functions of the Connect app.
Provision of this Connect app; Communication with Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. via the Connect app
The provision of the Connect app requires the handling of personal data, such as the IP address used to retrieve content displayed on the Connect app, requests placed by you, or our online services and functional areas. You also have the option to contact us via our contact form or the Support Chat feature (where provided by us). For this purpose, we collect your email address and username, as well as the details provided to us to establish your user account: name, name, company, job title, position and country. The handling of your personal information in the context of providing the Connect app, its functions and for communication is based on our legitimate interest. For the provision of the Connect app, it is technically necessary for us to process certain personal data (e.g. the IP address). For your communication with us it is required that we process the personal data mentioned above. In the context of the required balancing of interests, we have balanced your interest in the confidentiality of your personal data and our interest in providing the Connect app against each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in this case, as otherwise, we would not be able to provide you with the Connect app (including its features) or respond to your requests.
Insofar as you have gained access to the networking features of the Connect app, you will be able to communicate with other users of the Connect app by posting messages and commenting on public channels (including sponsored channels). In addition, you can create private channels with other users to communicate individually without being visible to anyone other than the participants you have defined for your particular private channel. You can also be contacted individually by other users via a private channel. For the purpose of providing these networking functions, we process your personal data, in particular your user account information (name, first name, company, job title, position and country), and any messages and comments posted in the channels. The processing of your personal data takes place to fulfill the contract to provide the networking capabilities. Upon termination of this contractual relationship, the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests. In the context of the required balancing of interests, we have balanced your interest in the confidentiality of your personal data and our interest in providing the networking functions against each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in both cases. Otherwise we could not provide the networking functions to you.
Data processing in the period between purchase and first login in the Connect app
Insofar as you have acquired access rights to use the networking functions (e.g. by purchasing a corresponding online ticket or networking-only ticket, or as part of your rights as an exhibitor) and if you have given your express consent upon purchase, we will process your personal data in the context of your user account as a user profile (name, first name, company, job title, position, country and, if provided, your profile photo) in our Connect app already from the time of acquisition of the access rights (regardless of whether you are already downloaded the Connect app or registered for it) until you log in to the Connect app for the first time. In this case, your user profile will be displayed to other users of the Connect app; third parties who use the app without registering are only shown the first name. Third-party users will then be able to send you private messages. You will be able to read these messages immediately after you log in to the Connect app for the first time. You can revoke this consent granted at the time of purchase at any time with future effect. The revocation of consent is only effective for the future and does not affect the legality of any processing which may have occurred before the revocation.
We only forward the data to third parties which we cooperated with. Some of the recipients are located outside China.
d. If you participate in a competition
(2) Legal basis
Your consent is the legal basis for our data processing. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
(3) Recipient categories
We are cooperating with third parties in the context of competitions. We transfer personal data to these third parties for this purpose.
e. When we take photographs at the trade fair
(4) Processing purposes
We process trade show photos (including any other personal data that you provide to us in connection with the photos) for the documentation of our trade fairs. In addition, we process trade show photos—in particular especially through publication and usage—for press and advertising purposes in various media (in particular print (e.g. brochures) and online (websites, social media, etc.)). This includes the publication, use and processing for the purpose of press news and public relations, editorial reporting as well as for advertising and marketing purposes in connection with Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd. and the trade shows, conferences and other events it organizes.
(5) Legal basis
In the required balancing of interests, your privacy rights will be honored appropriately.
In case we wish to publish and use footage from you on which you are clearly identifiable for press and advertising purposes, we will request your consent.
In areas where the Art Copyright Law is applicable, we may also disseminate, use and otherwise process trade fair photos according to the following purposes:
1. Images from the field of contemporary history;
2. Images in which the persons appear only as an accessory next to a landscape or other location;
3. Photos of large crowds in meetings, elevators and similar events in which the persons represented participated;
4. Other photos that are not commissioned, provided the distribution or publication serves in the higher interest of art.
(6) Recipient categories
For the purpose of press and public relations, editorial reporting, advertising and marketing purposes, the photos taken at trade shows may be sent to journalists, media companies, press and photo agencies, including to platforms abroad, and published by us. For the fulfillment of orders, we also commission service providers, in particular for the production of trade fair photographs. These service providers are obligated by contractual agreement to exercise the same care when handling personal data as we do ourselves.
f. When you subscribe to our newsletter
(1) Newsletter subscription
You can subscribe to our newsletter on our website by providing your consent. We collect the personal data that you enter in the registration form for this purpose.
(2) Legal basis
Your consent is the legal basis for our processing of data. You may revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
(3) Recipient categories
We commission service providers with the mailing of our newsletter. For this purpose, we transmit personal data to these service providers. These service providers are obligated by contractual agreement to exercise the same care when handling personal data as we do ourselves.
g. If you use our social media offers
(1) Wechat and other social media offers
You have the opportunity to follow us on Wechat and on other third-party social media platforms . For this purpose, we handle those personal data that you provide to us in each case or which are made available to us by the respective platform operator about you insofar as they are made available to us. You can control the privacy settings yourself on a social media platform.
(2) Legal basis
Our handling of your personal data as part of our social media offers is based on our legitimate interest. For the provision of our social media offers, it is technically necessary that we process certain personal data (e.g., the IP address and personal data that you have provided to the respective platform operator or us).
As part of the required balancing of interests, we balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of our social media offers with each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in such cases. Otherwise, we would not be able to provide you with our social media offerings.
(3) Recipient categories
We use service providers to provide our social media services (e.g., Wechat). The data you submit to us as part of our social media offers are also automatically transmitted to the respective social media platform operator.
h. If you apply online with us
(1) Online application
You can apply online to us via our website. You first have to register on our application portal. We process the personal data for this that you enter in the application form.
You can then submit your application. For this purpose, we process those personal data which you specify in each case and which you provide us with in the context of your application, e.g., via your documents.
(2) Legal basis
(a) The processing of your personal data in the context of the application portal takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding usage contract (license agreement).
(b) The processing of your personal data in the context of your application is only to prepare an employment contract.
(c) Your application will only be stored for a longer period of time if you give us your corresponding consent. You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time.
(3) Recipient categories
n the context of application procedures, we transmit personal data to other companies in our group of companies and to service providers in the context of service provision.
(1) General information about cookies
Cookies are small text files used by many websites worldwide and in China. Cookies are created during your visit to our website and stored by our server on your hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personal data. In addition, cookies stored by our servers can only be read by us and not any third-party website. Most browsers are set in such a way that they automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to benefit from the advantages of cookies, you can deactivate this function in your browser. Please refer to the individual setting options of your browser. Of course, you can view our website without cookies. However, this can result in restricting functions with respect to our offers.
(2) Legal basis
The legal basis for our handling of your personal data for the provision of our website is our legitimate interest. As part of the required balancing of interests, we always balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of this website (including its provision). Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in such cases.
(3) Conversion tracking using third-party providers
This website uses third-party tools for analysis purposes. These tools measure the effectiveness with which users are addressed by advertisements (“conversion tracking”).
If you click ads from one of the third parties listed below, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer. If you visit a particular website, the third party and we may recognize that you have clicked the ad and have been redirected to this page. This enables us to collect data that is relevant to our advertising efforts. We may learn the total number of users who clicked an ad, the visit duration, the operating system, the terminal model, the location, paid transactions, and in which functional scope mobile apps were used. No personal information about the identity of the user is disclosed.
Should you not wish to participate in the conversion tracking process, you can also reject the required placement of a cookie for this, for example, via your browser setting that generally disables the automatic placement of cookies.
4. How long do we store your personal data?
We will delete your personal data if the purpose of storage is no longer necessary and no statutory provision requires a retention. Statistical evaluations are made only in anonymous form.
5. What are your rights as an affected person?
Please contact our data protection officer for the exercise of your rights and the revocation of your consent.
a. Your rights as an affected party
You have the following rights toward us regarding your personal data:
· You have the right to request information about any personal data that we process from you at any time.
· If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct and supplement it.
· You can request the deletion of your personal data at any time unless we are legally obliged or entitled to process your data further.
· If statutory requirements exist, you can request limitation of the processing of your personal data.
· You have the right to object to the processing insofar as data are processed for the purpose of direct advertising or profiling. If the processing is carried out based on balancing of interests, you may object to processing, stating reasons that arise from your particular situation.
· If the data processing is based on your consent or under a contract, you have a right to transfer the data provided by you insofar as it does not infringe upon the rights and freedoms of others.
b. Revocation of your consent
You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time.
6. What possibilities do you have to file a complaint?
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
7. Do you have any questions or comments?
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding data protection at Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd., please feel free to contact our data protection officer by email.
Shanghai Forever Exhibition Co., Ltd., May 2019